Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
This property, bequeathed in 1934 by the baroness Ephrussi de Rothschild to the Institute of France, is located in an incomparable site. Situated in the middle of 17 acres of gardens the Villa dominates the skyline. The Villa was built at the beginning of the Century, in the style of an Italian Palace, in order to house the collections obtained by the Baroness de Rothschild. Renaissance furniture from the 18th Century, Flemish tapestries from the 16th Century and an exceptional collection of porcelains and impressionist paintings can be found at the Villa.
Conceived and realized by archaeologist Theodore Reinbach, the Villa Kerylos situated in Beaulieu was donated by the owner to the Institute of France in 1928. Faithfully reconstructed as a sumptuous Antique Greek Villa on a site recalling the shores of the Aegean Sea, the Villa Kerylos is surrounded by beautiful gardens that offer marvellous views of the sea.